Saturday, April 30, 2011

the mean reds.

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?

Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?


Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?



It's a two post kind of day because the happies and the mean reds need their space, I don't want them bleeding together. I thought this was the most appropos quote for this post as my heart is heavy.


April 27, 2011 marked a tragic day in the Southern United States. Tornadoes rampaged Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, & Tennessee, obliviating towns and taking away precious things from precious people. This gal grew from but babe to a woman loving (and living in) some these parts. I find myself praising the good Lord every night that not one of my dear friends in the destruction path were injured, but there are so many who lost everything, including their special friends and loved ones. So many are in so much need for both things and peace.
I think in the end, we all just want to be loved and give love and feel good and feel content at the end of the day. I don't know how many people see this but, if you've stumbled upon my little patch of grass on the internet, please help! Whether it's donating through the Red Cross here , sending food and water and batteries and essentials, or simply sending prayers and love and hugs and good thoughts, please do so.
Here is a bit of a sassy way to help- I purchased mine yesterday;


"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. - Ralph Waldo Emerson" 
 
That's what this beautiful pendant says and proceeds of it go to Tornado Disaster relief. You can find it right 
here on Etsy. I think it's magic and can't wait to wear it every day to remind that life is so much more than precious and to take deep breaths every morning and not be afraid to live to the fullest and help those in need.
Mumford & Sons "After The Storm"

I'm hopefully these mean reds will disappear much sooner than later. 
Love to you all.
xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment