Monday, April 11, 2011

the life & times of jnc

Today I'm going to go all rule-breaker. I'm blogging a tasty little life update at the work place. Rebel, Rebel.


I just feel the need to let everyone know, what your ol' pal has been up to, as lots of things have changed in the past few months. First and foremost, I've landed my dream job. I honestly was never sure I would be able to say that, but the older I get (although you would never know because of my glorious genetics and love of heavy night cream :), the more I realize the saying "what's meant to be will always find a way" rings so true! For the majority of my life- after of course I went through the standard "I want to be a...insert; Christian Country Singer, Broadway Star, Baby Doctor, Time Traveller, Princess, Narnian"- I've always wanted to plan events & weddings. Now, I'm lucky enough to say THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DO!!!! Hallelujah!

A few months ago, I was seriously contemplating a complete life makeover. It was a pretty rough patch and I was super down and out. I thought of all of the places I wanted to live, of all the things I wanted to do and then I pulled up the covers over my head because I was too scared to try. Well the big Man upstairs had something else in mind. Not a few days after my little breakdown, I came across a position for an assistant for an event planning company. I immediately dusted off the resume, threw a little glitter on it, along with a big prayer for good luck, and sent it on it's merry way. About a week later, I received word that I landed an interview. The interview ended up consisting of talking about weddings and glitter and flowers and pretty shiny things (which you know are my favorite things in the whole of the world). We laughed and giggled and ended the interview with a hug. Couldn't have asked for more. Of course the rest is history, I landed the job, and have since been making dreams magic happen.
these be my darling business cards. 

 I'm so excited and feel very blessed. I always thought party planning was just about the actual planning and making things pretty but, it's so much more than that. I get to be a part of one of the most important days in someone's life. I'm very much aware that I'm a one emotional creature and to get to fill my days with LOVE in all forms? Well that's pretty special.
Dream job is not all without faults though. It's stressful, and sometimes when you are dealing with so many emotions and such pressure, people can be not so sunshiney and sweet. Whatevs, as long as they are happy in the end. Another downside is the hours I keep. Don't get me wrong it does not suck to wake up and go to this office:
i dream about this and really all bird cages now. when you walk in, this is directly to the left, to the left.

this is the seating area to the right. and yes, that is an antique slate blue velvet and mahogany love seat from the turn of the century. yummy.

this is a bit of the artistic side of me coming out. i snapped this picture of the paper parasols that hang down from the ceiling. true story.

another shot of the seating area. you can really catch a glimpse of the detailing on the love seat.


I guess what it all comes down to is, the time I get to spend with my nearest and dearest who don't reside in my little patch of paradise, is becoming increasingly precious. I just recently had to miss the super special wedding of my super special friend and it really broke my little ticker. I know when I do get to see everyone (which I'm hoping for a very near future reunion) the world will be right as it always is, and we'll hug and gab and drink sophisticated toddies. Until then, I'll keep my invitation to the coast where I call home open, and hopefully keep everyone as updated as possible through this little gem and other forms of communication.

Ok, I think this post has lasted long enough. Before I go though, if you like to look at beautful weddings, because you are getting married, or just because go here it's called Style Me Pretty, and it's fabulous.

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment