Wednesday, December 23, 2009

tuning in...

Y'ALL. I'm like a blogging fool this week! I suppose it can be summed up by the fact that I'm quite frankly trying to do as little as possible during work hours as the Holiday Happies have taken over my body and I can only concentrate on whimsy rather than paperwork and deadlines. Oh, and the fact that you sweet dears out in cyber space have been reading! It makes my little ticker oh so happy! I hope this little burst of blogging energy keeps up, as I LOVE to write on this ol' boy!

Before I sign off for the festivities, I wanted to lay down some more tracks & a few other goodies that I completely j`adore....

1. Jesus, Etc by Wilco. I might be a smidge obsessed with this song. It's just too much for me to handle at times. Wilco is and has remained a staple in my ever growing musical education- to put it mildly, they are fucking amazing. That's all I can say about that.

2. Life is a Carnival by The Band. At the moment, I can't recall as to whether or not I have included The Band on any of my lists. If not, well then shame on me. They are without a doubt my favorite favorite (it means more if you say it twice) band of all time. I think I fell asleep to The Last Waltz every night for about 2 straight years- no lie. I adore everything they do & this is one of my favorite uppers. Gets me going. In my dreams, Richard, Garth, Levon, Rick, & Robbie are all still around, still performing, still waltzing.....

3. Let It Be by The Beatles. GOD. BLESS. THE. BEATLES. When tough times fall, this is my go to song. Magic. Poetry. So simple, yet so evocative. Try to make it through this song without at very least getting a knot in your throat, I dare you.

4. Taper Jean Girl by Kings of Leon. I know, I know, they are on almost every music list I make. Suck it, I love them. It's rock n' roll & it's just plain amazing. Put this ditty on, turn it up...& dance your damn heart out......

5. Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys. I only found this song because To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books, & Boo Radley one of my favorite literary characters of always. Turns out, they play some good tunes, this being my fave. Plus- like the title says- it is the best song to start your day... wake up, turn it on & up (exceptionally good music should always be listened to at loud decibels) & go man, just go.

6. Acid Tongue by Jenny Lewis. Had to throw in a kick ass lady and Jenny totally is hands down. This is my fave solo jenny song. The whole Acid Tongue album is just bomb. She throws down, no mercy style, yet she does it with an ethereal tendency to her. It's like baby kittens telling you to fuck off. I adore it. And the fact that she was Phyllis Nefler's daughter in one of the all time greatest pieces of cinematic genius in the history of everything, Troop Beverly Hills, just makes her that much cooler. BEVERLY HILLS...WHAT A THRILL.

HAPPY & MERRY TO YOU & YOURS.
Don't forget to give yourself a present,
-j.

No comments:

Post a Comment